Monday, November 28, 2011

Nursing like a champ!

I am so relieved to report that breastfeeding is going very well! Our little guy was weighed again today at his doctor appointment five days after his last weigh-in when he was 8 pounds, 13 ounces. He has since passed his birth weight of 9 pounds, 2 ounces, and is now 9 pounds, 5 ounces.

I also had my staples removed today. It was slightly uncomfortable, stung a bit, but no big deal. We had a very busy day with doctor's appointments in the late morning and early afternoon and then a shopping expedition today. I got a bunch more baby stuff I needed from Target and Babies R Us, but the one thing I set out to get was a hamper and Target did not have any (well, in the baby section anyway) and Babies R Us only had brown, pink, and blue in the style for which I registered for (in sage). I'd have even settled for the ecru but that was out of stock too. :( They had a nice wicker one but it was $50. I'll just look elsewhere. I did get a baby book for him and I'm eager to start writing stuff down! We also got the contoured changing pad and changing pad cover. My hubby and brother-in-law picked up the furniture on Saturday but did not get it put together yet. I'm hoping my husband can put it together tomorrow night, maybe after our portrait appointment. Oh my word, we got the cutest little Santa costume for him to wear. I might do a baseball outfit too and a bear outfit for his third change of clothes.

Oh, well, little man is fussing right now. It's time to go feed him again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment