Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things are going well.

We are settling into some sort of routine, my little man and I. One night he slept approximately 5 hours which was great, and another for approximately 4 hours, but mostly he sleeps 2-3 hours at a time and wakes up to eat in between. I deal with it better some days than others. If he eats, gets his diaper changed, and goes right back to sleep, it's fairly easy. But when he fusses and fusses and won't settle afterwards, it's hard to function. I am not one who does well on little sleep. I wind up just sleeping when he sleeps til about noon and then I stay up except for maybe a nap or two til sometime after midnight.

Yesterday I did not even get a shower until my husband got home from work. Last Tuesday and yesterday were definitely his fussiest days thus far. He is doing better today than yesterday. I feel so bad when he's fussy because I think it means something is wrong but what I do not know.

He is doing better with sleeping in his cosleeper bassinet. And on days he wants to be held my Moby wrap comes in handy. He stayed in it for quite awhile yesterday but then today he wanted no part of it. I haven't quite figured him out yet.

He is such a doll though and my husband continues to dote on him as well. He is really great. When I get exhausted and teary he is always there for me. I truly don't know how single moms do it. I totally need my husband's support and for him to take the baby some days when he gets home so I can have a little break.

Our portrait session went well last week. We have some adorable shots of him and a few family shots as well. I'm working on designing our Christmas picture card now at the same time as trying to get address labels ready for the mailing of the birth announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment