Sunday, November 13, 2011

Overdue and impatient

I hit my due date on Wednesday. And I went right past the exciting 11/11/11 birthday. And now I'm two days past that. I have to say I'm getting a little discouraged.

My midwife appointment went fine on Wednesday. I took my mom, the first time I've ever taken anyone to any of my midwife prenatals. Heartbeat was 150. BP was deemed OK. I took my mom to JC Penney afterwards and she helped me pick out a curtain rod and blinds. My hubby hang the blinds in the baby's room this weekend.

I honestly spend a good portion of my days crying. I can't fully explain why. I have loved being pregnant. I had a pretty good pregnancy. I am pretty uncomfortable now but I guess I have to say that is normal. I think I just know my time is pretty much up and I want to meet the baby, but then I keep getting "one more day." I no longer want "one more day." I want to meet this baby! I lash out at my husband because I feel it's his fault I don't know if it's a boy or girl and that feels so unfair to me. All my friends that are pregnant are finding out what gender their babies are and I hate that I know their babies' genders before I know my own! One friend of mine will be finding out tomorrow and I honestly don't want to hear it!

I let myself really get caught up in the hype of the full moon on the 10th followed by the "fun" birthday of 11/11. I took walks on the 10th, I ate pineapple, I did all these things I had heard of to bring on labor. Ha ha! Nothing worked! By Friday I realized it wasn't happening and had a better day and then Saturday I had all these symptoms that made me think today (Sunday) would be the day we'd meet our baby - intense backache, menstrual-like cramps, a weird tingling down below. I told my husband we'd better get some rest in case I woke up in real labor during the night. Yeah, right again. I got a great night's sleep and all those symptoms just disappeared. Most of them came back this past evening but are gone again. I seriously have at least one crying fit per day though. I hate being this out of control of my own body! Yet I know I don't believe in "scheduling" inductions or C-sections just because; I know my body and my baby know when it's best for baby to be born.

I hope my next post is the one saying baby has been born, but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment