Saturday, November 26, 2011

Swaddling...ahh!

I swaddled my baby the last two nights. The first night (Thanksgiving) was our worst night yet. It seemed he would never settle and go to sleep for good. He'd go to sleep but would wake right back up seeming to want to eat. I was so scared I was going to be holding him and drop him if I drifted off! Last night I tried swaddling again and I was shocked when one time he went three hours without waking! It's funny to think I'm excited about a 3-hour stretch! Maybe my swaddle was better the second night. I use either receiving blankets or a SwaddleMe. I'm praying tonight is another good night. He really is such a good baby. He usually only cries if he's hungry or if his diaper is soiled. My husband has been a HUGE help with the dirty diapers. He changed them way before I did and probably has done a lot more than I have although I get to do all the middle-of-the night ones now.

My little guy got to meet his aunt (my sister who is a year younger than I am), his uncle (her hubby), and his three cousins (ages 9, 7, and 3) today. My sister brought us some homemade soup too which she heated up for lunch for us. Yum! My hubby and I have a hard time remembering to eat! My little nephew (the 3-year-old) kept telling me the baby had little hands and little ears. But when I was changing the baby's diaper and asked if he wanted to see his little feet while they were uncovered he said no. Kids are so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment