Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Update - attempt #3, second midwife, and some good news!

We had a busy "baby" week this week. Monday I took a half day from work and my husband and I went to visit a second midwife for a consultation. I haven't made the switch yet but I think I will. First of all she was overweight like I am so when I told her how I'd been treated by my previous midwife she was pretty horrified. She also has PCOS and used the same fertility doctor I used to get pregnant (many years ago)! My hubby and I liked her much better. The only issue is she is farther away (like double the distance) and her C-section rate is about 20-22%. That is still much better than the national average but it does worry me.

Yesterday we went back to the Fetal Diagnostic Center for one more attempt at a nuchal translucency (NT) ultrasound. This time the baby was too big! Our tech last week said the baby was 70 mm and needed to be 84 mm or less to do the test. Yesterday the baby was 87 mm! He/she grew 17 mm in 5 days which seems like a lot to me. I think I might just drop all the screenings now. There is one more I can do which is just a blood test called a quad screen but I think I'm going to drop it. It was nice to get to "see" the baby a few extra times and see that heartbeat going, which was 147 bpm yesterday.

My husband and I have been married for two and a half years. He spent the first year of our marriage unemployed, then had a temporary job for 10-11 months. He's been out of work now since August. He had an interview on Friday and got a call on Monday that he's been hired! We are so relieved and so excited and I almost fainted when I heard how much money he'll be making. Now I'll be able to buy the baby things I want and get us new bedroom furniture which we have not gotten. We're also going to be taking a "babymoon" in July up to Niagara Falls and Toronto. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment