Friday, May 20, 2011

Homebirth! Yay!

I met a midwife (K) today. I took a half day and my hubby and I (on his last day of unemployment!!) drove out there. We were over a half hour early and I did not realize until I shut the car off. So we decided to go grab lunch and come back so I started the car and backed out and I saw K come out of the building and motion to us. So I pulled back in and got out and she said, "Let me guess, you had no idea how long it was going to take so you left early and got here early." I said, "Yep!" and she told us to come on in because she was free.

The meeting went well and my hubby and I are going to go with her. She is fine with my being overweight as long as I don't have issues like high blood pressure or glucose issues. So far my blood pressure is fine. And if I do develop those problems there are herbal supplements I can try. I also read about certain diets that can help with the HBP.

So I'm very excited! We have to figure out where we are getting the money to pay for this and we have no idea if insurance will reimburse us. I feel this is the right decision for us though and I feel very happy and relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment