Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby names

I've had my top girl name picked out since 1995 and my top boy name picked out since sometime in the last decade. My hubby likes them both and I always assumed that is what we'd use. However, I just found out that my top boy name is in the top 20 in our state! I've always been one to like "different" names. This other name I liked but always thought was too "unique" popped back into my head the other day and I can't shake it. I asked my husband and while he doesn't hate it, he thinks it sounds too upper class for us lowly middle class people. A player on our city's soccer team has this name and our city's baseball farm team has the same name. So I think hubby is starting to realize it's not that upper class.

I swear up and down the baby is a boy most days and I just said to my belly, "Are you a S______ or a N______?" S is the new name I cannot stop thinking about and N is my old standby that I'm now afraid is just too popular. Anyway, in response, my hubby totally just cracked me up and said, "Neither, I'm a girl!" in this fake baby voice. He, along with my parents and most of my siblings and my niece, thinks it's a girl. I don't know where I'm getting the boy vibe but it's really making me want a boy. I'm imagining camping trips and baseball games. This does not mean I do not want a girl. It's hard to explain. Up until about three years ago I always figured my first baby would be a girl and I only really wanted a girl and felt I'd be disappointed to have a boy. But I no longer feel that way. I truly feel I'd be happy with either and would actually want the opposite gender for Baby #2. That's how badly I want to experience both.

No comments:

Post a Comment