Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby is fine - such a wiggle worm!

I finally got to see our baby again on the ultrasound screen. He/she was moving all over. As soon as the tech put the wand on me DH saw the baby's arms going all over. It was such a relief. And she was able to record the heartbeat at about 167 beats per minute. It was such a relief.

She was not able to get the measurements she needed though. She even had me roll on to my left side and was doing all sorts of stuff to get the baby to move. I will be going back on Thursday. I'm excited for another look at my bean! I'm so relieved everything is fine!

I wound up telling LOTS of people today - all my coworkers that were in and over a dozen friends. A few friends and our families already knew. So now almost everyone on my "list" of people not to forget have been told.

I'm now starting to rethink the whole midwife thing. I'm just so impressionable. My husband's friend's wife was telling me about how I should use this hospital near us and she's heard such great things and a coworker was recommending an OB/GYN there. I wish I could just hear things and know they were signs and not wonder, or know it's just that person's opinion and means nothing.. It's just their opinion but I do feel that sometimes God talks to us through other people. I'm going to go to this appointment on Monday with the other midwife and just see how things go. I heard one time that when faced with a decision we should pray our desire for the one will be increased and the other decreased. So I need to do that. Midwife #1, midwife #2, doctor, someone else? I wish these things were easy.

Well, it's late and this mama is headed to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment