Friday, October 21, 2011

Home visit

Today was our midwives' home visit. They arrived at 9:30ish and my hubby stayed home from work for the morning to be here.

First thing she did was check the baby's position. I was very relieved to hear the baby is head down. She showed my husband how to check too and he felt the head. He had tried feeling yesterday and thought he felt the head low then so it was reassuring to know it was easy for him to feel and we got the confirmation we needed!

Next thing is that I'm measuring at 40.5 centimeters now which equals 40.5 weeks. So now I'm 3.5 weeks ahead.

We showed the midwives around the house and they seemed to think we were in good shape. They kept stressing though how they want everything in one place. I just don't want to put my little baby's clothes in with all the other stuff. They're all nice and neat and clean. I have all the "other stuff" in a tote and the baby stuff is either folded and on top of my dresser or on hangers hanging on the closet door. It's close enough to the tote that I don't see it being a problem. The "other stuff" is things like trash bags, ziploc bags, olive oil, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, the hose, etc.

I'm so burned up. We get so much mail that it often piles up before I really get a chance to look at it. I always pull out the obvious bills and whatnot but the "junk mail" piles up. I just found a Babies R Us coupon booklet yesterday. I think I could have gotten a $30 or $50 gift card when I bought my travel system with this coupon they had. But it expired on the 13th and I just saw it yesterday, the 20th. Now I'm really hoping another one comes soon. I really wanted to get the travel system this weekend. We have a $200 gift card to put towards it but I also do not want to pay full price!

We do need to get the car seat though (and that's part of the travel system) because I have to take the baby to the doctor when he/she is 2 days old just to get checked out.

Well, I'm off to meet a friend for lunch soon. I'm such a social butterfly these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment