Thursday, February 23, 2012

February...flying by!

What a busy month! Our little guy had his first Super Bowl, first Valentine's Day, and his mommy's birthday - his first here to celebrate! Last year he had just been conceived on my birthday!

I'm still so emotional about the fact I actually have a living breathing son after our battle with infertility and the trauma of his birth! At the La Leche League meeting last week (my first day one) which happened to fall on Valentine's Day we were asked to say what we'd say in a Valentine to our babies. To my embarrassment, I started bawling! I said that I'd tell him he was the greatest thing that ever happened and then I just cried while choking out that last year I wasn't even sure I could have a baby and we were going through fertility treatment - to a roomful of strangers! I wanted to die! Why did I have to keep babbling? Oh, well, I'm human and more specifically I'm a woman still in the postpartum stage and I hope they can all handle that. Some of them needed tissues too!

For Valentine's Day the three of us just stayed in. My hubby got me a card and also a card from our son. It was so adorable! He got me flowers and Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume (smells great!). We cooked a steak and lobster dinner at home.

For my birthday we went out to dinner. (I also went out to lunch with my son and two friends from work.) Hubby got me more cards and more flowers and a Kindle Fire! I'm so excited!

I only have six weeks left with my little guy full-time and I'm quite sad about it but really working on not dwelling on that! I do not get much done around the house. I'm keeping up on the laundry and I vacuum and clean the bathrooms but not much else. My husband does the dishes in case you are picturing a sink full of dishes. Well, to be precise, I should say he loads the dishwasher. I hand-wash anything that needs handwashing, which is my breastpump parts and bottles. Last week it was also a mandoline slicer which I sliced my finger on while cleaning! Ouch! It's the pointer ringer right next to the middle finger which I cut on the same tool a little over two years ago!

I'm having second thoughts about the daycare I chose but I'm thinking I'm just getting jittery since it's getting closer and I'm filled with anxiety about leaving my baby boy there! We stopped by on Monday. My husband had never been there; I chose it myself. Well, he had input on the money part! It was one of the less expensive one I saw, maybe the least expensive and it's still $221/week! There was one little boy about 13 months old crawling around with no pants and only one shoe and one sock. It really bothered me! He did take them off himself according to the teacher but she never attempted to put them back on the whole time we were there. I am going to pay extra for the web cam access. If I don't like what I see I will be calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment