Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Morning sickness at 10 weeks?

I am still unsure but I think I may have had morning sickness hit me at 10 weeks. Friday (10w2d) I felt really nauseous before lunch. Once I ate I felt much better and stayed that way for the rest of the day. Saturday I felt fine until I was at a jewelry party in the afternoon. I ate a small brownie and some fruit and dip and instantly felt nauseous. The feeling did not go away the rest of the day. We met my parents and youngest sister for dinner and I ate some soup but felt so nauseous I could not get my dinner down. The feeling stayed with me til bed. On Sunday I was fine until right after dinner. I ate dessert and instantly felt sick then. Monday (yesterday) I had the feeling almost as soon as I woke up and it just got worse and worse. I was so sick last night I wanted to cry. I went to Babies R Us and somehow walking around I guess distracted me from it. I was searching for Preggie Pops. I did find them and bought a bag as well as a container of the Preggie Pops drops. Today I feel much better although just a bit off, not quite 100%.

My hubby did crack me up last night. He talks to my belly already even though I'm sure the baby can't hear him yet. I don't discourage him because I find it adorable. He was saying to the baby, "Be nice to your mom. You're being mean to your mom, making her sick. Please be nice." It just cracked me up. He talks so matter-of-factly to our baby.

I called my midwife today after not getting a response to my email from last week about the first trimester screening. I'm still very on the fence as to whether or not I want to get it done. My RE was the one who suggested I get it done and told me to ask my midwife if she did it. She said she could give me a prescription and I should get it done by 14 weeks and I should call now and make the appointment. She did warn me though that I need to decide beforehand what I'm going to do with the information. Would I terminate the pregnancy? (I cannot even imagine.) Would I just want to be prepared if something were wrong? Is it better to just not know at all? So these are things my hubby and I must sit down and discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment