Friday, November 21, 2014

Third Birthday!

Our little boy turned 3 two days ago. We all took the day off and spent it together, went to breakfast and then a local children's museum. That night S had class so it was just N and me for dinner and on a whim, I decided to take him out to dinner too!

The Saturday before we had a party for him with close to 40 people I think. He had a blast. We had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as the theme and he talked about his Mickey party for months before. He also talks about all his friends' parties and rattles off everyone who had a birthday in the prior six months. He had so much fun. He says he is three and holds up three fingers...sometimes. Sometimes if you ask him how old he is he'll say Mickey. He's obsessed with his party.

His interests of late are still Mickey and Elmo (good thing because we bought 2015 season tickets to Sesame Place) but also Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Frozen (Olaf!!) and Cars. Cars started in February while we were in Disneyland. Spiderman was right before we left when he chose a Spiderman suitcase. He picked out TMNT pajamas in August and has been a fan ever since. We took him to see Frozen last winter and he got hooked on that too. He got lots of Mickey and TMNT gifts this year, as well as a stuffed Olaf he takes to bed every night.

He is very loving to me, his mommy. I get tons of hugs and kisses. When he senses I'm upset he showers me in kisses. He's so sweet. He is quick to tell someone they're "not nice" though too. Daddy is constantly "not nice" as well as friends from school and occasionally me too. :( One friend from school though he deemed "not nice" since the beginning of the school year he now seems quite enamored with. I think he is just overwhelmed by the boy's big personality. He even wanted him invited to his birthday party.

For awhile he used to say "I don't wanna to," which was so cute. He now says it "I don't want to." I hear that quite often! He'll also tell me he doesn't want to go to school some mornings which makes me feel bad for him. One day I told him Mom and Dad had to go to work so he had to go or who will watch him? And he said, "Mom-Mom!" Ha, he's too smart.

He's very independent and bossy! He thinks he has to take care of himself. I'll have his breakfast and lunch packed in the morning and he'll come down and try to pack it again, not believing I already did it.

As soon as the dishwasher or dryer is opened, he's right there wanting to help empty and put away. His one teacher tells me he'll make a great husband someday; he's very neat and puts stuff away. I love how organized he is!

I took him to the credit union last week to get his $5 of birthday money (deposited along with at least another $5 deposit). I so want him to learn saving from a young age. I didn't learn until I was in my late 20s and I so regret that! We took my coin jar and dumped it in. He thought it was great. And of course the lollipops too!

Trick-or-treating was fun this year. He was Jake (as in Jake and the Neverland Pirates) and seemed to be really into it. He does still have a peanut allergy and while we saw no teal pumpkins and lots of peanut butter treats, he did OK. He forgot about the candy once he went to bed so I was able to get all the peanut stuff out (which is basically almost all the chocolate). Poor buddy. I pray he outgrows this allergy. I feel so sad he has to have it! He did outgrow the egg one; egg challenge in March was a "pass." Yippee!

He fights me on baths many nights but once in he'll usually relent and play. I don't make him stay in but I at least make him sit down and get cleaned before he gets out. Then he is very particular about his pajamas. I let him pick but sometimes he won't pick anything.

He wakes me each morning by coming close to my face and saying, "Kindle, Mommy," or "breakfast, Mommy." So funny. His eyes will be still half closed and he's asking to watch a movie/show on the Kindle Fire. He sort of claimed it as his!

He is so cute, I just can't get enough of him! While my heart is aching for another baby I think about how lucky I am just to be his mama. I hope I don't spoil him, I love him so much I just want to give him the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment