Saturday, October 5, 2013

Two months til 2!

I can't really believe I let the blog go this long! I write so many posts in my head but never get to to the computer to type them!

Our little guy is growing up! Some of his favorite things to do now are to help us; he likes to empty the dishwasher and empty his hamper into a basket and even carry the laundry basket downstairs. He loves pitching the clothes into the washer and attempting to fold.

He says mama (and mommy), dada, monkey, teeth (as in brush his teeth), his new little cousin's name (aw!), the name of his little friend at school, Mickey, Elmo, Cookie (but all the rest of the Sesame Street characters are also Elmo, at least the furry monsters are), banana, apple, ball, baby, cup, uh-oh, no, yes, my, balloon, belly button, go, poop (means poop, pee, and diaper), please, thank you. He says, "Wanna watch" and hands me the remote. He also says "wa" for when he wants to walk and makes that very clear. He says "muah" when he kisses someone or blows a kiss. He is obsessed with babies and will kiss my screen if there is a picture of a baby there. He was checking out the baby in the director's office one day this week. He was pointing, saying "boo-boo", and blowing him kisses. He really melted my heart.

We are planning an Elmo-themed second birthday party. He adores both Elmo and Mickey so it was a tough decision but I think Mickey might appeal to him for a longer time so I thought we'd save Mickey for another year. He might be Mickey for Halloween though!

He scraped up his nose pretty bad the Monday before last. I was upset but he seems OK. One spot on his nose seemed worse than the rest and he keeps picking at that scab.

He got blood work today; so did I . I went first and as soon as he saw the woman coming at me with the needle he got the strangest look on his face and told her no. He flipped out when it was his turn; I felt sooo bad. He kept kicking and telling her to go. He was just so upset.

Tonight was his first time sitting in a booster seat. It was kind of a disaster. They had no high chairs available. He wouldn't stay still and kept climbing all over.

Tonight was also his first night peeing on the potty! First he stripped naked for his nap which I found hilarious! Then tonight he spotted his potty and instantly wanted his diaper and pants off. So I helped him. He was climbing all over the house and I said, "Hey, sit on the potty," and he did. His potty has a flusher on it and he got up and flushed it. I was shocked when I looked in and saw pee in there. I was so proud of him. I hope he keeps it up. I was going to do the 3-day method Thanksgiving weekend but now I'm not sure. I will see what happens between now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment