Wednesday, August 10, 2011

27 weeks...almost to third trimester!

Wow, it's amazing! Either this week or next (depending upon whom you ask) I'll be in my third trimester. It's really going by quickly and it's hard for me to realize I'm not going to be pregnant forever. And I don't say "pregnant forever" in a negative way. In some ways I wouldn't mind being pregnant forever. Sure, it's come with some aches and pains but overall, I really love it! I am growing a life inside me! I get to be witness to this gorgeous miracle! I think it's even more precious to me because I wasn't sure it would ever happen! Of course, I can't wait to see and meet that cute little baby but in a way I'm going to be sad to share him/her with the rest of the world and have him/her come out of me where I won't be able to always protect him/her!

My baby shower is scheduled for October 1. I'll be 34.5 weeks which makes me a little nervous that I won't have tons of time left to get everything else I still need. All the Saturdays in September were already booked and August is just crazy with everyone's vacations (not mine though...boo-hoo!).

Next week is our 3D ultrasound! I'm so excited for that. I'll be 28 weeks exactly. I was told 28 weeks was a great time to go. I hope the baby cooperates. He/she usually is more active at night so it's good we have a 7:00 p.m. appointment.

I received some great news last week! My maternity leave starts four weeks prior to my due date...so October 12th I'm out of there! I will get paid 100% for that time up until the birth (whether I go early, late, or right on time), and then I'll get paid 100% for the first six weeks following the birth. After that I'm eligible to take another 12 weeks "bonding time" with the baby unpaid but I'll probably just take six of those. Trust me, I'm so tempted to take the whole thing but going that long without a paycheck would be quite a hardship. If the baby is born on time that has me coming back to work very early February. Taking that whole 12 weeks is even more tempting when I think I could be coming back in mid-March instead! I have to work though since I am the one who has benefits such as medical. Twelve weeks is nothing to sneeze at either. I've heard of people who get much much less so I'm grateful for everything I am getting!

I am feeling pretty well lately. The gagging/throwing up episodes seem to have subsided. That hasn't happened for a few weeks. I do feel tons of pain/pressure when I stand up after sitting for awhile. That is not pleasant. I feel like I'm walking like an 80-year-old lady! I am also very tired and not dealing with the heat very well but those are all par for the course. Overall I'd say it's been a pretty easy pregnancy.

I swear people still can't really tell I'm pregnant. I can definitely tell and people who know me can tell but I've yet to have one stranger try to touch me or ask me when I'm due (for which I'm incredibly grateful!).

No comments:

Post a Comment